-- [ From: Martin Herman * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Here in Memphis, the radiology department is located just adjacent to
the Emergency department. During the day the staff remain available
till 5PM. After that residents provide on call coverage. Attendings
will come in when requested for emergency procedures and rarely for
consultation. THey have a discussed installing a digital system in the
ED so that the XRAYS never have to leave the department and we could
view the films when ever we needed to. THis will eliminate the need for
couriers and techs to bring the films to us. I think the hold up is
based on the cost of installing the digital XRAY machines and the
cabling to the ED and PICU . Radiology is hopeful this will be funded
in the next capital budget proposal.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: