>We have had a teleradiology unit ( OLICON ) for about 5 years in our ED.
It has all the usual features - zoom, rotate, alter contrast,etc. Our
radiology dept. is just around the corner from the ED, but it is still
helpful not to have to physically walk the films over.  We do go over when
need arises to compare with old films in chronic pts ( CF, BPD etc).

>The system is even more useful for the various urgent care satellites,
located away from the main hospital, most of which are connected via OLICON.
 The films done there can be immediately read by radiologists located in the
main hospital.

>Our radiologists give wet readingson weekdays (Mon- Thu)  8a- 11p with over
readings  for nights and weekends

>I am told that with regard to teleradiology, we are one amongst a few
centers world wide, even though we are not completely "filmless" yet !