PED-EM-L is unmoderated -- e-mail sent by subscribers to:

is immediately forwarded to the entire list (650 members, 34 countries
represented) without human intervention.

        To date the discussions have been remarkably friendly, collegial
and international. However, a recent trend concerns me...   Off-topic posts
dilute the value of this forum.  PED-EM-L is dedicated to the discussion of
issues broadly relating to  _Pediatric Emergency Medicine_. Ironically,
complaints and responses to off-topic posts only serve to multiply the
problem and create animosity.
        I have neither the desire nor the time to personally approve or
otherwise edit e-mail sent to this list. Please ignore off-topic posts! If
you must reply, do so by _private_ e-mail.  I DO reserve the right to
restrict and/or review subsequent e-mail from subscribers who send mail to
the list which is manifestly unrelated to pediatric emergency medicine.

        This is not meant to discourage eclectic posts from the many sorts
of people who care for and about children.

As always, please contact me with problems, questions,comments and
suggestions regarding the PED-EM-L list and companion WWW site.

Dale W. Steele M.D. <[log in to unmask]>
        Listowner:  PED-EM-L (Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List)

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: