Dr. Murguia,

Your question is an interesting one. I think that we've all asked
ourselves the same thing. Even if the two products are identical (i.e.
"crazy glue" contains no toxic components), in the US we'd almost
certainly have to contend with some sort of federal regulations and
"crazy glue" would have to undergo an approval process.
Additionally, the manufacturer does not make "crazy glue" under the same
conditions required of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. My guess is
that in the US only the producted intented for this purpose could be used.

Even if the product gains full approval, my biggest concern about this
product has been the amount of time that
we'd spend getting our interns' fingers separated from the patient's
laceration.

Bk

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: