On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Craig A. Berry wrote:

> Does anyone on the list understand why the castList element is described
> in section 10.1 of the _Guidelines_ as being part of front and back
> matter, but in the list of elements castList "may occur within" (p. 887)
> neither front nor back appears?
>
> Another way of putting this is that several of the examples in 10.1 and
> its subsections will not parse as given because castList is shown within
> front or back matter at the same level as other elements such as set,
> epilogue, etc.  Here is the first example from 10.1.1:
>
> <front>
>   <castlist>
>      <!-- ... -->
>   </castlist>
>   <set>The action of the play is set in Chicago's
>        Southside, sometime between World War II and the
>        present.</set>
> </front>
>
> Since castList can't occur within front, this won't parse unless
> castList is enclosed within some other element like div or performance
> that _can_ occur within front.  Or am I missing something obvious?
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem?  If so, what did you do about it?

I have included the <castList> elemement within the <body> to parse
correctly the text, although in section 10.1 this element is described as
belonging to the <front>.

Marta.

Marta Pino
Seccion de Analisis Linguistico y Computacional
Instituto de Lexicografia
REAL ACADEMIA ESPAN~OLA
                Felipe IV, 4
                28071 - MADRID