Hi.  My questions (assuming I understand the requirements of the DTD)
are about the reasoning behind some of the choices made by the people
who made the DTD.  If my questions get the facts wrong, please correct
or ignore me.

1. Why does the <group> element not accept a "type" attribute?

2. Why does the <div> element require a sub-element at all?

I can imagine that if one is looking to describe a complete document,
then any <div> would have to contain some sub-element, but I am
creating a document, and some of the <div>s don't yet have any
content.  That's what brought this up.

And thanks to everybody who put the Guidelines together.

Keith Handley,Amherst College Academic Computer Center