I would like to hear more of the Encyclopedia Iranica conversion project
(in private email).  However, the EIr has its own transliteration
conventions, which should at least prove to be a start.  For glyphs such
as d-with-a-dot-under, \d d in Tex, I made up a list of local entities,
including (with their lossy equivalents for HTML)

<!entity dd "d">
<!entity dD "D">
<!entity dt "t">
<!entity dT "T">

and so on.  I found no published set of these, so I made up my own.
Unicoders may have a different angle on this issue.

Regards,

--
       Terry Allen      O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.   [log in to unmask]
 "In going on with these experiments, how many pretty systems do we build,