Dear reader.

I would like to thank the persons who answered my question about
integrated rendition. And Arjan Loeffen and Syd Bauman respectively:
thanks for putting the question on the list and for answering the
vertical encoding question.

I now have another problem. And I hope one of you has run into this
already:

I have to encode centered heads which cover two or three lines:  On the
first line is a Roman number indicating the number of the chapter.  On
the second and (sometimes) the third line there are parts of the
heading.  Like this:

                            II
                     History of Encoding:
             Encoding hierarchically structured texts

The whole heading is originally tagged as Very large and Centered.  I
don't know how to represent the fact that the heading is spread over
three lines, heads not tolerating <p>'s or <l>'s.  I thought of encoding
the roman number like this: <num> II</num>

But I wonder how to continue:
??
??
</head>

Does anyone have a solution ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Tilly
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tilly Dutilh - Email: [log in to unmask] - tel. +31 71 5272303
Instituut voor Nederlandse Lexicologie, P.O. Box 9515, 2300 RA Leiden
Matthias de Vrieshof 2-3, 2311 BZ, Leiden - Fax: +31 71 5272115
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx