Peter Flynn wrote:

> I have Emacs running psgml and it works just fine, but I found I
> needed to do the initial parse in the directory where all the DTD and
> ENT files were: I have never mastered (or found any documentation) on
> how to get psgml (or anything else) to turn FPIs into directories and
> filenames in a meaningful manner.

Since I'm the one who contributed to SGML Open catalogue code to psgml,
I should probably answer here, though I haven't looked at that code for
a couple of years now.  Essentially, psgml uses the same
catalogue-lookup method as SP (ie. nsgmls), so if you set your
SGML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable to point to your default
catalog, everything should work as expected.  For information on the
catalog format, see the nsgmls man page.

David

--
David Megginson                 [log in to unmask]
Microstar Software Ltd.         [log in to unmask]