> I have been told that in Atlanta, during the Olympics, a resource book
> was distributed to physicians which described, in cookbook form, the management
> of multiple types of disasters.  Perhaps a copy of that booklet should be kept
> in all major city ED's.

If you are interested in speaking with the paramedic who planned all of
the disaster response and helped with a lot of the ED disaster plans, I
can find his number for you.

Two names have been mentioned to me as being key components of the
disaster planning commission.  One is Keith Wages (State Director of
EMS) and the other is the Asst. Chief of the Atlanta Fire Department
(can't recall his name).

Nonetheless, if you are interested, I can contact Sam Cunningham (Acting
State Director of EMS) and find out who you should talk with.

Sincerely,

Eric Nix, EMT
Gordon Hospital EMS
Calhoun, Georgia

For help send e-mail to: [log in to unmask]
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: