My apologies if this has already been addressed (I'm new):

General, non-pediatric ERs might employ some ER physicians, and some
internists, and some moonlighters.  The ERs need to be able to provide
pediatric services at some level, when necessary.  But they also need to be
clear about what they cannot provide there.

Let's say a hospital has an ER but does not do any pediatric admissions or
have any pediatric staff per se (just that the doctors in that ER who are
Emergency Medicine trained, by definition, have some peds training).  Are
there any standards, rules, or guidelines that apply to whether that
hospital can bill its ER as having "pediatric services?"  Or is there no
difference in billing between an "ER" and an "ER that also has pediatrics?"

For help send e-mail to: [log in to unmask]
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: