I have had experience with a Windows NT-based system, whose developers
have now gone out of business. It is very user-friendly but very
time-consuming. Each question has multiple menus deep of directed
questions and it can take you 10 minutes just to chart your H&P. The
advnatages are legibility and automatic E- and N-coding for billing
purposes. In my opinion, the system would be much faster with
touch-screen rather than using a mouse.

Contact Larry Oufiero (Director) at Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring,
MD (301) 754-7500 for further details...

Jim Chamberlain
Emergency Department
Children's Hospital
111 Michigan Ave, NW