Wendell Piez <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[...]
> The other error you may get, an "Unexpected EOF," is harder to work
> around, and apparently has to do with .dll files tripping over each
> other. (Would someone from SoftQuad clarify if I've got it wrong?) Many
> of us are listening carefully to rumors of Panorama 2.0's imminent
> release....

Panorama 1.x doesn't set up for Netscape under Win 95 because it looks in
C:\WINDOWS for netscape.ini and doesn't find it.   Fixed for 2.0.

The Unexpected EOF message can happen for many reasons, as it indicates
that Panorama didn't get all of some file or other.  In some cases, this
message may have been improved for Panorama 2.0; I'm hedging my bets
because I don't really know which causes are most common.

Some possible reasons include

* web browser option not set --> go to Panorama's Options->Web Browser
menu and set the web browser to be the one that's running

* netscape bug --> you may need to do the following
  (1) start netscape
  (2) start Panorama
  This is because of a Netscape bug (I think).

* incompatibility -->not all verions of Panorama Pro work with all
  browsers. The browsers keep changing.  Contact support if you
  continue to have problems, and they'll do their best to sort it out.
  This assumes that you're using Panorama Pro & not the free one,
  and/or have bought support!

* Netscape (or Mosaic or...) had difficulties in fetching the file,
  and brought over a corrupt version.
  Use Netscape's Options->Network and flush both the disk and
  memory cache, quit Panorama and restart it.

  In Panorama 2.x, Panorama's "Reload" button will usually work.

Lee

--
Liam Quin, SoftQuad Inc    | lq-text freely available Unix text retrieval
[log in to unmask] +1 416 544-9000 | FAQs: Metafont fonts, OPEN LOOK UI, OpenWindows