>As I explained to Liam privately, those interested in antiquarian
>manuscripts can go on doing their thing and I won't stand in their
>way. However, in the computer industry there is a bias against
>features useful to the real world. How many people *need* JavaScript?
>And think of what Xerox PARC spends its time doodling away at. This
>bias is particularly true in the realm of disability issues: Try using
>QuickTime VR if you're blind.

The point is that TEI-L is for discussion of the TEI DTDs, which are
intended exactly for such things as encoding antiquarian MSS.  Your
posts to this list, while passed by the moderator, are off topic.

On the other hand, they're entirely appropriate for comp.text.sgml
and other mailing lists.  Posting only where appropriate keeps down
the noise level everywhere.

If you have something to say about accessibility re TEI, of course,
that's another matter.  Do you?

Regards,

--
       Terry Allen      O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.   [log in to unmask]
 "In going on with these experiments, how many pretty systems do we build,