The library I work for is considering offering a web version of the Past
Masters databases (created by the InteLex corporation) to the university
community.  InteLex is now testing this web version (which now only
provides keyword "and phrase searching"). When asked if the texts are
marked up in SGML, InteLex indicated that their texts are TEI-lite
conformant and that the library could provide searching of the SGML if
we decide to go that route. However, when pressed about the extent of
the markup throughout all the databases, it wasn't clear that there is
any consistency.  I was wondering if anyone on the list has any
knowledge of the Past Master databases -- especially as regards the
integrity of the markup?

I've not seen such questions posed to the list before, but I thought
the question of commercial providers' proper use of SGML/TEI-lite
was germane.

Thank you,

Jennifer Vinopal
Reference Associate