   Can anyone direct me to simple start-up directions for using
   Author/Editor and Rules Builder and the teilite.dtd or tei2.dtd?  In
   trying to build up a rules file with teilite.dtd, I get the message "An
   attribute with the declared value type of ID must have a default value
   type of either IMPLIED or REQUIRED."  Having downloaded mosts of the tei
   files from the University of Illinois at Chicago, I am still stuck with
   a message--when trying to build a Rules file from tei2.dtd--"Error in
   the DTD: Bad Marked Section.  The file contains an unclosed marked
   section." Could I still be missing files?  In perplexity,

a. Download _all_ of the TEI*.DTD and *.ENT files from the server.

b. Construct a DTD driver file to include the subsets you want.

c. Get NORMDTD1.EXE from ftp://ota.ox.ac.uk/pub/ota/TEI/software and
   install it in the directory where you downloaded the TEI DTD (it's
   a self-extracting DOS zip archive)

d. Run NORMDTD over your driver: this flattens out all the marked
   section refs which Rules Builder gags on, and produces filename.DTN

e. Make RB compile that file instead.

Gotchas: you need to know how to write the driver file. There's a
sample from a project I work with at ftp://curia.ucc.ie/pub/curia/sgml
in curia.doctype (you'll need curia.dtd and curia.ent as well).
NORMDTD has a buglet that adds a comma and space inside a model group
in some circumstances (eg - - (foo,bar,blort), ) but RB detects this
and leaves your cursor at the place where you need to delete the ,<sp>
You may need to add references to character entity sets by hand at the
bottom of <filename>.DTN (I can't remember if NORMDTD leaves these out
or if that was a problem I had with something else).

That should get you a working rules file.

///Peter