In message <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Flynn
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>You may need to add references to character entity sets by hand at the
>bottom of <filename>.DTN (I can't remember if NORMDTD leaves these out
>or if that was a problem I had with something else).

That's right: NORMDTD just deals with the <!ELEMENT and <!ATTLIST
declarations in the DTD.  You will also need to add (back) in any
<!NOTATIONs you need.

Also remember to parse the resulting DTD: NORMDTD tidies up most of the
content model anomalies caused by leaving out the undeclared elements,
but I typically get one or two errors, typically 'trailing' separators:

((P+) |)

or models that become ambiguous:

which have to be hand-edited.

Richard Light