I have been meaning to mention this here for several months now.

Tiro Typeworks have some typefaces (such as "Garamonnd 1520") that
contain some characters for scribal abbreviations.  Their web page
http://www.portal.ca/~tiro/ shows the charcter set they have, and also
has lists of all the diacritical and other characters/glyphs needed for
various Western languages.

  1520 Garamond is a historical reproduction of one of Claude
  Garamond's first typefaces. It has been designed to maintain the visual
  appearance of printed type, and has not been subjected to the degree of
  sanitization prevelent in many other reproductions and
  interpretations by modern designers. The typeface's entry into
  modernity is to permit the design of pages which are in keeping with
  the design of the 16th century.

The "Archaics" contains q3 b-bar m~ p~ q-under, r~ q~ qcirc pro per and
others, some of which are shown at
http://www.portal.ca/~tiro/gara_arc.html

I have no connection with Tiro other than having met them and exchanged
mail with them from time to time...  they asked me if I knew of any
other characters that would be useful, and I said no, but I knew some
people who did!

Their fonts are more expensive tham some, although they might have mercy
on those who can't afford socks, I suppose :-)  Tell them I sent you, or
mention the TEI-list, should you contact them for any reason, so that
they know who to blame!

Lee

Liam Quin, SoftQuad... [log in to unmask]
The barefoot typographer