On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Michael Sperberg-McQueen wrote:

> Academics for whom the standard registration fee is too steep should
> probably call the conferences' Poster Chair, Debbie Lapeyre of
> Mulberry Technologies, to see if she can do anything for you.

CGA informed me that the academic registration for non-CGA members is
$555 (it's $925 for non-academics). As someone who has attended dozens
of conferences and never paid a registration greater than $100, I'd call
$555 much too steep (although I paid it anyway).

Grudgingly,

David

Professor David J. Birnbaum     email: [log in to unmask]
Department of Slavic Languages  url:   http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~djb/
1417 Cathedral of Learning      voice: 1-412-624-5712
University of Pittsburgh        fax:   1-412-624-9714
Pittsburgh, PA 15260 USA