My institution is currently in the process of developing protocols for
advanced airway management in our "fledgling" Peds ED, and I'm
interested in how others are approaching this.

Please respond to me personally and I'll repost a summary later if
anyone is interested...

At your institution:
  1)  When a child requires rapid sequence intubation in the ED, who
      performs the procedure?

         Pediatrician, ED Physician, Anesthesia, Intensivist, or
         whoever happens to be at the bedside?

  2)  How often is a pediatric resident, with supervision from any of
      the above services, the person performing the intubation?

         Always, most of the time, sometimes, or never?

  3)  Do you have a predefined upper airway obstruction team?
      (i.e. Anesthesia, ENT, Surgery?, who can respond with a simple
      activation, like a code team)

Thanks in advance...

Ben Alexander, MD
PL-2