-- [ From: Martin Herman * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

I would agree with Steven,

I hold certificates just like everyone else and the hastle with
recertifying is time consuming and expensive..

In our center we are required to be current in CPR/BLS, PALS/ APLS,
&ATLS. ACLS certification is encouraged but not required.

I know of other merit badges but am not certified in them,, these
include NALS, ABLS (advanced burn life support)and Base Station.. I
suppose we could well see Advanced Obstetrical Life Support, Advanced
Orthopedic Support, Advanced Psychiatric Support etc if no one jumps in
to stop this runaway train...Where will it end??

I think since we do resuscitations more than anyone else in the hospital
and are essentially the only faculty teaching resus to residents and
fellows, certification in these areas seems redundant..

JMHO

Mithradata

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: