Gregory Murphy writes:

 > So now you can build robust and reusable (albeit, painfully slow)
 > tools in Perl.

Perl isn't always slow, though I'll grant that my SGMLSpm library is
(I managed to nearly double its speed with a small code change, but I
have not had time in almost a year to put together a proper release)
-- because perl can do so much with its built-in library functions, a
clever script will often be nearly as fast as a C program if it spends
most of its time in those functions.  For those libraries (like
SGMLSpm) which need to do a lot of intensive computation themselves,
there is now a perl->C compiler, though I have not tried it.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson                 [log in to unmask]
Microstar Software Ltd.         [log in to unmask]