David Megginson replies to Terry Butler, who wrote:

>  > Is the tagging of a text as much work again as transciption typing
>  > and proofreading it?  twice as much?
>
> This is a difficult question to answer.  Do you know perl?

> will take no time at all -- I wouldn't budget more than the initial
> entry time * 10% for it.

But why everybody talks about PERL when simpler AWK scripts perform
similar? Has there been any discussion on why PERL better than
AWK?! I've been told that PERL is more powerful, but when little
power is needed, why go the hard way?
Joseba Abaitua  [log in to unmask]  http://www.deusto.es/~abaitua
Facultad de Filosofia y Letras,  Universidad de Deusto,  Apartado 1
E-48007 Bilbao || Tel: +34-4-4139092  (Ext. 2292) || Fax: +34-4-4458916