On Mon, 3 Feb 1997 10:38:54 CST s h a n e said:
>I am working on a project about tagging poetry.  The TEI Work Group on
>Verse  was briefly mentioned in "Encoding Verse Texts," by David
>Chisholm and David Robey. I was wondering if anyone knew of published or
>unpublished material available about this group? Thanks.

In principle, all TEI working papers are available on the TEI's file
servers, so all you need to do is look there (on the listserv filelist,
or the ftp server, or the www server).  In practice, I fear, we fall
short of this ideal.  Some documents have never been converted to tagged
form and are not there, and others have been removed when they were so
far out of date they were felt to be confusing rather than enlightening.
We are working on getting everything onto the servers, but it's not at
the very top of our priority list and it sometimes goes slowly.

A quick glance shows nothing from this work group on the servers; my
recollection is that apart from their minutes and their proposals for
what became the relevant chapter of the Guidelines, they did not produce
any working papers.  I'll check to see if there are any documents from
this work group which should be on the server, but aren't, and get them
up as soon as possible.

I hope this is helpful.  If you have specific questions about the group
and its work, you may wish to address its members directly.  If you have
general questions about the organization of the TEI, the best place to
turn is probably the web site at

  http://www.uic.edu/orgs/tei

best,

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
 ACH / ACL / ALLC Text Encoding Initiative
 University of Illinois at Chicago