> I've been asked to develop an application of SGML to an archive of legal
> documents (mostly sentences).
>
> Does anybody on this list knows about the existence of related projects
> (I already know about Corpus Legis Project), and the availability of any
> public DTD in this field?

No DTD, but we have someone working here on 15th- and 16th-century
pardons.  At the moment it's in data entry, and the bulk data is being
done for statistical purposes, although I have ensured that the format
is amenable to encoding in some DTD later, probably TEI.

///Peter

   "A survey of the knowledge of grammar among inner-urban 14-year-olds
    in one North American city asked `What comes at the beginning of a
    sentence?' The modal answer was `A conviction'."        [BBC Radio]