Rmay wrote:

>What if des- precedes a word beginning with a z or j sound?

Novial has no z sound (something that _may_ be changed in N97, but so far this
change seems unlikely). Initial J does exist, and I guess desjusti would be
a bit awkward to pronounce, though not impossible. But I doubt that it's
possible to avoid ALL combinations that cause trouble to anyone, while
preserving recognizability.

                                Bruce R. Gilson
                                email: [log in to unmask]
                                IRC: EZ-as-pi