In message  <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:
> Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Phil Hunt:
> > Of course, it is likely that an auxlang will have more than one way of
> > saying a concept that isn't a root word. Eg in Eurolang, the concept
> > "fuel" can be expressed by:
> >
> > _combuster_ = stuff that burns
> > _combustized_ = stuff that is burned
> > _combustablon_ = stuff that can be burned
>
> Phil, a root word meaning "fuel" would be better, IMHO.

I don't agree. The root for 'fuel' would probably be _carburant_
which is FIS. But _combust_ is EFIS and therefore understood by more
people.

Also an extra root would mean unnecessary extra learning.

--
Phil Hunt. See <http://www.vision25.demon.co.uk/index.htm>
for info on Eurolang / Politics / Voting Systems / Basic Income.