In message  <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] write=
s:
> Portugese vive ben sin tal distinction:
>
> eu: meu / o meu
> tu: teu / o teu
> ele/ela: seu / o seu
> n=F3s: nosso / o nosso
> v=F3s: vosso / o vosso
> eles/elas: seu / o seu.

I have considered doing something like this in Eurolnag, eg:
_nostra_ =3D our;  _la nostra_ =3D ours

But the rest of the langiages uses -on to change an adjective to a
noun meaning thing which has the quality (eg _richa_/_richon_). So
I think there are advantages in doing the same thing for the
possessives.

Alternately, if -e is used as the adjectival ending, the adj->noun
ending could be changed to -en (_riche_>_richen_). Then we could have
pairs such as:

_mie_/_mien_ =3D my/mine
_tie_/_tien_ =3D your/yours (singular)
...etc

This has the advantage that the forms look similar to natlangs
(eg Fr mien, De mein, En mine for the 1ps forms).

--
Phil Hunt. See <http://www.vision25.demon.co.uk/index.htm>
for info on Eurolang / Politics / Voting Systems / Basic Income.