        Kevin, Terry Klassen and his group in Canada have reported data
showing that nebulized budesonide is effective in the treatment of croup
and we have reported on the use of nebulized dexamethasone to treat
children in the ED with acute asthma. I'm not aware of studies looking at
nebulized dexamethasone to treat croup.  Since budesonide has a far
greater topical potency than does dexamethasone, it probably is the
better agent to use for either croup or asthma. However, as far as I know,
nebulized budesonide is not yet available in the US.

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, KEVIN ROMA wrote:

>      Recently had a child who presented with classic croup symptomology
> score of 4-5 .Started child on mist and B agonist and added to the regimen
> nebulized Dexamethasone .1 mg/kg Child did extremely well.This
> treatment was mentioned in Clinical Practice of EMERGENCY MEDICINE
> (ANN HARWOOD _NUSS) Does any one know of a study using this treatment?My
> lit search was uneventful.Any practicioners with personal experince using
> this treatment?

> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

Richard Scarfone

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: