<< For purulent tonsilitis, which oral antibiotic do you prefer : Keflor
(Cefaclor) or Augmentin (amoxicillin+sulbactam)? Or other antibiotics?

Penicillin is the standard choice, unless there is a history of allergy, but
you know that. These days, I use Zithromax as a second line choice because of
its efficacy and unbeatable dosing.

I took it last December when I came down with a case of occupationally
induced Strep throat, and I will swear by it.

Julian Orenstein
Department of Emergency Medicine
Fairfax Hospital

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: