To all the pedi docs out there: I am an RN who teaches pre-hospital EMS.
Two of the paramedics  told me today about a child, 2yrs old, who has a
rare disease, "SAIDS" ??, not sure exactly of the name.  One thing they
were told about the disease is that the childs blood sugar will suddenly
drop to a very low level(hers was 18).  Mom stated that she has to be fed
a low-fat diet, and fed every 6 hours.  This disease is more common in
Europeans.  That's all they were told by the mom, as the child had just
been diagnosed.  They would like more info, as would I.  If anybody has
any information on this, like the name, pre-hospital interventions, S&S,
what do we look for, etc. it would certaintly be appreciated.

thank you, mary

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: