-- [ From: Martin Herman * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

We do not do flex extension views routinely..The feeling is that if
there is some evidence for ligamentous injury, ie soft tissue swelling
or severe pain, it is better to have the neurosurgery service or
orthopedic service in the room when the patient is asked to flex or
extend. We are comfortable with doing AP.Lateral ,open mouth odontoid on
all trauma patients who present with a high risk injury, or cervical
pain and so far do feel that we have missed any cspine injuries in our
trauma patients.

MIH
Memphis Tn

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: