I have no data but I have alot of clinical experience with 'previously
adult-providers' trying to use the 'clip oximetry' on young children.
This is an entirely unreliable method and should be discarded. I do not
know what Nellcor or the other companies recommend, but we routinely use
the tape method in children under 6 or 7 years. Unfortunately, many
hospitals try to use these devices as profit makers, making it against
the rule to use them on multiple patients, so that can mark up the charge
 100% or so.

Jay Fisher MD FAAP PEM
UMC
Las Vegas NV