Agree with ABC management in field, of course.

However, there is a learning curve for this stuff, and we had several
esophageal intubations when our local paramedics first started intubating
here.  It's gotten better, but there's still alot of judgment that has to go into
the decision to BVM for 5-6 minutes transport vs. intubating in the field
and prolonging transport by another 5-6 minutes.  If you add IV access
on top of that, then time to arrival can be SIGNIFICANTLY delayed.

Jim Chamberlain
Children's Hospital
Washington, DC

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: