Greetings,

I am a 4th year medical student at the Medical University of South
Carolina (MUSC) planning to enter a career in PEM.

Obtaining pertinent information and advice as to pursuing this
specialized area of medicine is quite difficult, as there are few
physicians in this discipline and even fewer who are familiar with the
new residency training requirements for board certification in PEM.

I would greatly appreciate any advice and recommendations regarding:

* order of board certification: peds then EM, the converse, or a joint
program

* specific programs targeting the PEM track

* 4th yr medical student electives in PEM

Sincerely,

Brad Deal
235 King Street
Apartment 4