-- [ From: Martin Herman * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Is there a dual residency in Peds and EM? I guess if there is that would
be the ideal pathway. Otherwise IM-Peds then Pem fellowship would open
alot of doors as well. A peds-IM type could do adult EM but wouldn't be
ble to get boarded in EM.  A PEM fellowship of course would qualify for
the sub boards in PEM. THe PED-IM grad could get boards in IM and PEDS
however. In my experience thats about all the hospital groups are
looking for to cover the ED, if EM trained people are not available. >
With only PEds and PEM fellowship , you would not find very many places
that would let you practice adult emergency care.
Now if you went the traditional route in EM and then did a Pem
fellowship, you actually could acomplish everything but the trick will
be to get into a EM program first. PEM fellowship for EM grads is only 2
years where Peds grads are required to do 3 years.

Good Luck

MIH

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: