Skribis James CHANDLER:

> Don Harlow skribis:
>
> > (Another cute possibility is "Mi eng^ardenen mortpafis la kuniklon",
>
> Should this be "eng^ardenAn" ?

Nope. I think I already used that one, earlier. Eng^ardenen =
in-garden-wards.

> > By the way, has anyone here been following the interesting and
> > somewhat disquieting saga of Travlang, the Ergane dictionary and the
> > Toltran patent? This would seem to involve repercussions affecting
> > one major potential use of any planned IAL, assuming it holds up...
>
> I'm not clear as to whether the patent covers just Espo, or auxiliary
> languages in general.

The patent does not mention Esperanto per se, but merely a "created
internationally universal language". People who write patents try to
make their claims as general as possible.

(Of course, the terms "created" and "internationally universal" are
not defined here, and could lead to some interesting fireworks if
there were ever a court case based around this. Is Ido more "created"
than English? Is Interlingua "internationally universal"? Perry
Mason, where are you when we need you?)
-- Don HARLOW
http://www.webcom.com/~donh/
(English version at http://www.webcom.com/~donh/dona.html)