On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Paul O Bartlett wrote:

>     Why keep repeating the tense marker at all?  If the context is
> clearly in the past (or the future), what need is there to mark the
> verb just because some natlangs do it?  This is something I have tried
> repeatedly to point out to the Glosa-pe: they keep marking verbs for
> tense or aspect and nouns for number when this information is either
> irrelevant or redundant.

It has been a while since I looked at Glosa, but I seem to
remember that the materials I have made a point about it *not*
being necessary to keep reiterating tense markers.

Note that even in English it is not uncommon to use the present
tense with past tense markers: "So last Tuesday I'm walking down
Market Street and I see Fred talking to his boss, so I walk by
like I don't even know him..."

Todd Moody