Je 07:30 ptm 12/28/97 -0500, Stan MULAIK skribis:

>Sorry, Gustavo, I knew the risks when I typed in those long messages.
>But it was not convenient to me to try to put them out on the web, since
>I am not set up to get on the web, only e-mail. It also seemed important
>to respond directly to some of the misconceptions about Dr. Gode's role
>in creating Interlingua by providing original source material that
>documents what IALA was doing back in the 1940's, and how Dr. Gode was
>acting completely within the parameters that responsible leaders of IALA
>had laid out for their Research Division.  If these messages are not of
>interest to you, then simply skip them.

Stan, I sympathize with your own lack of connectivity to the Web (I get the
same complaint from others with respect to postings of my own, elsewhere).
But e-mail of this length is very, very difficult to read when you have a
thousand other items to answer -- I myself (and I think I was one of the
people they were aimed at) didn't bother to read them. Also, e-mail
formatting can be very difficult to get into for something that long.
Thirdly, it is accessed only by a small number of those who might
ultimately be interested, and is very, very ephemeral in this format.

May I suggest that perhaps some other Interlingua person with Web access
(for instance Paolo Castellina, Piet Cleij) might be willing to reformat
this material into HTML, as well as anything else you consider relevant,
and then post it at _their_ site? You might want to negotiate with them
about that possibility. Then those of us who know about them now and are
interested can read them at our leisure, and they will also be available
for others who may be interested later.

-- Don HARLOW
http://www.webcom.com/~donh/