[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
 http://adam.cheshire.net/~jjbowks/home.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustavo Eulalio <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: annoying messages

>        I have felt uncomfortable with some postings in this list.

Does Eulalio, come from Greek?
Eu-meaning good something?
Hmmm.

>        First, postings in other language than English. I think those
>postings MUST have an English translation following the other language's
>text.

Isso e' uma grandissima lastima que te sentes assim, pa!
Sorry 'bout your feeling thatta way theah, mate!

>        This list is hosted by a US server, and as such it has English
>as its language, unless otherwise specified (which is NOT the case).

>        One cannot convince people that a language is better by forcing
>them to read texts and more texts in that language. That feels like, and
>indeed is, a ridiculous FANATISM.

Hey watch it!

>        Another point that's annoying me are the huge messages posted
>here by Stan Mulaik. People barely have time to read a whole text of him
>before he posts his next message! Text 300+, or even 900+ lines long are
>too lengthy and very tiresome to (try to) read. I'd advice mr. Mulaik to

Maybe for you, Big G. but as for me I was thrilled to
read them and I say more power to you, Stan!

I guess it just depends on what your likes and dislikes are.
Nonne?

I really enjoyed the new insights on Gode that Stan was
able to add to the list. Indeed, it is one of the reasons
why I joined and I am still on the list. New and interesting
stuff to read and learn.

Maybe you could exercise your freedom of silence and delete
anything you don't wish to read. Have you ever noticed though
the big rift between one's "freedom of speech" and one's
"freeness of speech".  I kind of see it this way, one you have
the right to say what ever you want to and forget everyone else
the other you have the right to say what you should in view of
who you are. By this rule anything Stan wishes to say I will
have ears for. Keep up the good work there, Stan!

>place a pointer to the texts on the web, instead of including the whole
>text in the message; or ask who'd be interested and send the text to
>individual persons. That would save much space in people's mailboxes.
>If you don't know where those resources are in the internet, mr. Mulaik,
>place them yourself, that wouldn't be difficult.

It is quite nice of you to want to instruct others on
internet protocols and your humble offer is duly
recorded on the big book of nice things done for
other and if you were a boy scout I'd give ya a pin.
maybe.

No, but seriously, neat ascii signature Gustavo,
neat stuff! Muito bem!

Since,
Jay B.