One clarification if I may, Paul, the Morrises, and
more importantly Mrs. Morris, supported IALA
monetarily, however it has been mentioned in
print in various books that she was an Esperantist
and that she allowed Interlingua to go the course
it took because of the research that was done
under her patronage. She does not seem to have
influenced the way Interlingua turned out, and if
she had, it seems it would have turned out much
differently and on the side of Esperanto.

As it is, the research for a "common standard
european"/western vocabulary and grammar
was summed up in what Interlingua of IALA
came out to be in 1951. International Vocabulary
is always being added, please note Piet's posts
and he has done a great work in this respect.
Interlingua is growing and getting better and
better in my opinion.

Since,
Jay B.
[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]