On: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 21:44:57 +0100
about: Postings in other languages than English
Kjell Rehnstr=f6m wrote:
=3d---------=3d---------=3d---------=3d---------=3d
> I think it is quite in order to furnish an English translation of you - a=
> I'm doing now - is writing a posting in Swedish. It is, however,  another
> thing if you are writing in  Esperanto, Ido, Interlingua or Novial, as it
> so happens that this list deals with international auxiliary languages an=
> then it must be a minimum requirement that participants in this list at
> least should have a passive understanding of the most common auxiliary
> languages.
>
> Como si io haberea organizate un seminario concernente le portugese non
> permittente le uso del portugese o le studio de textos portugese sin
> traduction.

        Ok, I don't want to be offensive again. Let's talk politely.

        I _managed_ to kind of understand you text in interlingua.
However I don't feel comfortable reading it because I'm not acquainted
with the language. Maybe I will learn it sometime, I tink it may be
interesting (hey, I didn't tell I didn't like it!).
        About the "Seminary on Portuguese", well, I think this is not
the case. Since you're discussing one language, of course, you must know
that language. But the AUXLANG issues range many languages, and one is
not supposed to learn all those languages just to talk about them.
        Figure out a seminary on Latin European Languages. Do you think
everybody should know Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and French (did I
forget any?) -- and Latin and Greek maybe -- to speak in that seminary?
I guess not, you'd need some translators. That's the case here!

 ________
|  ______| Gustavo Eulalio M. Cabral
| |  ____
|_| |____| http://www.cgnet.com.br/~guga/