Je 10:53 atm 12/29/97 +0100, Kjell REHNSTROM skribis:

>Un varietate de personas scribeva:
>>>Jo, des isch so a Sach. Kummt imma druff an, ob ma wat vastitt. De
>>>Harlow awei nett, gelle?
>>>

>>>HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>>>
>>Your point being?
>Look at the text:
>Jo, des isch so a Sach. Kummt imma druff an, ob ma wat vastitt. De
>>>Harlow awei nett, gelle?
>Mi komprenas tion kiel:
>Ja, das ist so eine Sache. Kommt immer darauf an, ob mann etwass versteht.
>Der Harlow hat's (?) nich, gel?
>Kion mi tradukas kiel:
>Jes, tio estas tia afero. Dependas c^iam de tio, c^u oni komprenas. Tiu ulo
>Harlow eble ne faris tion, c^u?
>
>For the non-Esperanto speakers, here follows my attempt at an English
>translation:
>Yes, this is such a thing. It all depends on if you do understand
>something. That Harlow-guy didn't, did he?

Which only leaves me stuck with my original question: And the intended
point is?

If I see something that I can't read with my name in it, I don't
automatically assume that somebody is intentionally trying to derogate my
behind my back. (Could be just the opposite -- or just neutrally
informational.)

If I find out later (e.g., somebody translates for me) that this is what it
was about ... I just consider the source and chuckle.

(The original discussion, of course, had to do with what languages we
should post in on this list, and someone's complaint that someone had
talked about him behind his back -- on the list -- in Esperanto.)

-- Don HARLOW
http://www.webcom.com/~donh/