Bruce Gilson skripted:

> In _my_ copy of NL, "nome" is glossed only as "name" in E. It does mean
> "nom" in F, which can mean "name" _or_ noun. And I _used_ "nome" for want of
> a better word for "noun" in a post. But unless you have another edition of
> NL than any I know of, I don't see how you can say that NL uses "nome" for
> "noun."

No, I don't have a different edition.  It is possible that J intended
NOME to serve also as "noun" is in F and apparently Ido.  NL doesn't
always give especially full or detailed definitions of words.  If
something looks the same or similar in DEF, no definition is given at
all.
If you feel the need for another word for "noun", perhaps NOMINE ?
(-> NOMINAL).

James Chandler