James wrote about the impossibility of the name Ido in the UK. In Sweden it
is known for being in crossword puzzles and as a name of sanitary ware. I
wonder if one couldn't pronounce it ['i:dou]?

You have a related problem with Interlingua in Swedish. I think I mostly
say [inte'linggva] (the stress falling on the -ling- syllable).

Of course the o in Esperanto and Ido are pronounced as if they were called
_Idu_ or _Esperantu_ and _Novi=E2l_ (more rounded  than _a_ in _bark_ in RP.

Why not let the language speak for itself?

Kjell [log in to unmask]
Kjell Rehnstroem
Vaenortsgatan 87
S-752 64  UPPSALA