Danny Wier <[log in to unmask]> wrote

>Kjell Rehnstr=F6m wrote:
>

>>How in the Loom of Language can one call Speewords a Language, it is a
>kind
>>of shorthand! ;-)
>
>In a way it is, but Bob Petry's goal is to promote it as a language in
>itself, since it's an interlingual shorthand with words taken from
>Romance and Germanic languages and others.  Though it looks like a
>shorthand with all the single-consonant words, it is a language and a
>conIAL nonetheless -- just not a conventional one.
>
>Would Egyptian have been a shorthand instead of a language because the
>symbols only represented consonants and not vowels?

The first time I saw Persian handwriting it reminded me of Melin's Swedish
Shorthand. And you cannot deny that the Persians and the Arabs generally
write consonnants ;-)

It occurs to me that the ancient Egyptians had some kind of shorthand, but
I don't know that.

Kjell [log in to unmask]
Kjell Rehnstroem
Vaenortsgatan 87