In message  <l03110705b0f3281c92c8@[195.17.73.68]> [log in to unmask] writes:
> >Posablae di apar unsavanta, but qui est "logical positivism"?
> >This may sound ignorant, but waht is logical positivism?
> >
> >--
> >Cheradenine Zakalwe
> >Eurolanga Publicizationa Organization
>
> When seeing the English translation it is not difficult to understand _why_
> _posablae di apar unsavanta_ means _This may sound ignorant._

The literal translation would be "Possibly this appears unknowing".
Usually when I do 2 El and Eng texts in a post, I wrote the English text
first and then translate it into EL. Perhaps I should do it the other
way round.

> but reading
> the line without the help of the English translation I for one was at a
> loss - but I did not troubble myself since I saw the translation. Would it
> have been easier if I had seen:
> Possibilim ti afer sona ignoranti...

What would be the point of having a word _ignoranta_ in Eurolang, when
_unsavanta_ covers the meaning perfectly well?

> Perhaps one should hav e "full form" of an IAL and then introduce the
> "short" form as the learning process is going on. Something like when you
> have an easy form of a language that people learn: easy Swedish, special
> English, introductory Interlingua?

Eurolang isn't intended to be a code for English, so not every English
word has its own word in Eurolang. EL is designed to have a small
number of words, so that it is easier to learn.