-- [ From: Martin Herman * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Hey I can streamline your system..Just put an antibiotic vending machine
in the lobby.. Then parents can just buy whatever antibiotics they want!

Better yet,, How about just mailing a variety of antibiotics and
medications to the homes of your most frequent flyers..with enclosed
algorithm for the most common symptoms..for example chest pains and
sweating?????Take one aspirin , a nitroglycerin and if you are not dead
present  in the morning to your doctors offices

( All this is being was said tongue in cheek)to make the point that a
medical exam is vital to the appropriate application of medications, the
selection of which and dose are in the purvue of the treating physician.
.I would not participate in a triage system that forced a physician to
triage with the implication that prescriptions would be given at the
desk..
One important note.. in dealing with kids, one has to remain vigilant in
their search for signs of abuse and that is not going to happen at the
triage desk!! Patients need to be examined in private and unclothed... A
simple earache may actually be from being smacked in the ear and a
result of the hemotympanum..

JMHO

Martin Herman,M.D>
Memphis