I need to do this:

    </note>

The <note> element in TeiLite (and in the full version, as well(?))
allows multiple paragraphs, but because of the also allowed OMITTAG in
the note definition (<!ELEMENT note - O (...)>), my parser assumes a
illegal and de facto disallowing multiple paragraphs.  When I
(experimentally) modify the dtd to <!ELEMENT note - - (...)>, things
seem to go smoothly (with the exception of the newlines that look like
illegal character data outside the paragraphs -- we discussed this with
regard to line breaks not too long ago).

Is this note problem a parser anomaly, or a DTD inconsistency?  In
general, how (and where) is normalization of OMITTAGs supposed to
happen?  Is there a more legal workaround than the one I've tried?

Waiting for XML,

Glen

Glen Worthey
Academic Text Service