[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
 http://adam.cheshire.net/~jjbowks/index.html
 >I don't necessarily want to go back and undo a lot of work
we've done over a
>period of several months. I think if, perhaps, someone had
proposed this
>scheme to me in 1996, I might have adopted it. (Note the word
_might_ here,
>however. I cannot reconstruct my mental processes as of a year
and a half ago.)
>I think too much thought has gone into the system we _did_
adopt to scrub it
>now.
>BRUCE
***Actually Bruce, I had suggested something of the sort back
last summer,
as far as I remember Thomas Wood was the only other person in
the
Novial-l list that spoke positively of my suggestion... And
after all, if the
majority of person's on the new list decide to open the issue up
for discussion
and a vote it should be possible to re-do what was done as a
better idea
comes along which provides a better workability for the
language.

I recall using the same example of opiner >> opinione... and I
might add
viser >> visione, etc.

It seems though that when you speak of the list you at times say
"I" and
"I want" or "don't want" which is fine if you are talking about
your own
opinions, since you and Don (now) are the only one's who seem to
be
allowed to call for votes... it seems to me you should at least
use "we"
:-))) I don't mind if you speak for me as long as you say what I
mean.
In this case though I take it you are speaking for yourself and
not the
entire list.

As long as the N98 project is in "flux" stage, let's not cool
the welded
parts so much that they will crack when exposed to the elements,
eh?

I feel Ray has exposed a good solution, one that is very close
to my
own ideas, and perhaps one that may find support with other
members
of the Novial-Liste Grupe.

Ok, well, at least this gives me occasion to blow my spout clean
:-)))

Since,
Jay B.